Email / LinkedIn / GitHub / Twitter / Web
🤦♂️ About me
I am a software developer based in Montreal, Canada who mostly enjoy unix systems programming, networking, distributed systems, databases and the performance implications of these systems and their interactions. I like to contribute to open source whenever I get the time and opportunity. Genuinely curious, I strive to learn as much as I can everyday and improve my craft of software engineering and other interests.
👨💻 Technical Experience
Database Software Engineer @ Era Software
Apr 2021 - Present
Building a new database in Rust. Currently targeting log management.
Senior software engineer @ Adgear / Samsung Ads
Real-time bidding platform
Sep 2016 - Mar 2021
I started as a ruby developer on the ad campaign management Ruby on Rails app for a year. Eventually, I switched to working on the real-time bidding platform and its different services, mainly the targeting systems. The languages I regularly use are Rust, C, Erlang and Go tied together with Bash, Makefile or Python scripts. What we build is custom immutable datastores, binary protocols, and other fun things.
Senior Backend Developer at Bookwitty
Book selling platform
Jun 2015 - Sep 2016
- Developed and launched the app from scratch with a team of 4 other developers.
- Developed a client library to a custom database with an HTTP API.
Backend Developer @ De Marque
Ebook lending platform
Sept 2012 - Jun 2015
- Profiling and performance optimizations on a ebook lending RoR app.
- Implemented ElasticSearch full-text search.
- On call for alerts.
- Rearchitectured big parts of the application in order to implement new features.
Backend Developer @ Nofolo
Apr 2012 - Sept 2012
- Built a ticketing system where we sold tickets via Shopify.
- Built an app for scanning said tickets on mobile scanners and verifying them during a live.
Backend Developer @ Humagine
Job search platform
June 2011 - Feb 2012
- Developed the REST API feeding the web app while also being the sysadmin using EC2.
Software developer @ GOX Technologies
Dec 2009 - Jun 2011
- Development of an ERP software in AS3.
- Web apps using Coldfusion9(Railo) (MVC et ORM).
- PHP APIs.
- Reverse-engineered database queries from a software to recreate them as a PHP webservice.
- Creation of various tools using C#, scripts or macros.
Diploma of College Studies in computer science at Cégep de Trois-Rivières
- Very good spoken and written English and a little Spanish. French is my native language.
🙊 Public Speaking
Jun 2013 Intro to Clojure - Opencode.ca Sept 2012 Actor based concurrency with Celluloid - Opencode.ca
🤖 Technologies I’ve used
Rust, Go, C, Erlang, Ruby, Clojure, C#, Java, PHP, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, MSSQL, Redis, Vertica, Memcached, Git, Subversion and a bunch more that I forget so probably not worth listing.